Swift

Weekend in Heaven... or Escalante

 I think I drive Carson crazy by asking him every Sunday WHERE ARE WE GOING THIS WEEK!? I CAN'T STAY IN PROVO ANYMORE..... and his response is "we just went somewhere!" haha If you know me at all you know I can't sit still or stay in one place for very long or I will go craaaazy. 

Last week was spent at our cabin snowboarding. (I really am awful at this blogging thing. so much to catch up on.)
This week...

Escalante, Utah. 

Southeast Utah. It was definitely somewhere I have never been before, but my new favorite side of Utah. On Friday after we both got off work we threw (literally) our tent in the back of our car and took off. see ya later provo. 4 hours later Siri said "Welcome to your destination" but umm..... Siri had more of a suicide thought than a destination in mind I think.


1,000 foot drop offs on either side of this road. Once again Siri you nailed it....  landing us in the middle of the desert on top of a cliff/road 4 hours away from home with nothing in sight.. haha After venturing for another hour we found our way to the city of Escalante... population: 1 tractor. 

We ate at a burger diner for dinner called Nemo's... yes, like the fish. no, we did not eat fish. I was in a nike sweatshirt and felt overdressed....
We also laughed our heads off after I literally almost got ran over by a tractor in the parking lot. good times.


Carson found THE best spot in the middle of the desert to pull off and camp at. Who needs bathrooms anyways... tmi? 




I spy someone in my tee-pee.

We left the top of our tent open to star gaze and fell asleep snuggled in our sleeping bags together. oh me oh my so romantic ;) 






We woke up and had plans to do the 6 mile hike to Lower Calf Creek Falls. My new favorite place on earth. I did not want to leave. A 3 mile hike into the falls on a trail made of pure soft sand in sopping wet shoes, no water, and a baking sun could have been a recipe for disaster, but I think Carson wanted to kick me for how many times I kept saying "THIS IS AWESOME!" (I promise he actually loves me. i think.) along the way. The most beautiful hike we have done in a long time. 


and here is a really washed out picture of us and that falls... but THIS...


is the falls. Seriously? I die. Heaven am I right?  can you guess how many times I said "this is AWESOME" while we were there too.. ya me either, I lost count.


That water was FREEZING.... and Carson has no legs. yay! 


And more Carson. Just incase you didn't see a picture of him yet. haha 


And here we are back in Provo once again, only now we have returned with ONE grooling sunburn, TWO exhausted people, and THREE sand filled bags smelling of camp fire that I'm delaying putting away.
 until next time....



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram