Swift

Our Wedding: Temple

I am finally getting time to post our wedding pictures!! eeeek This is part one of two of our wedding day. The reception will be coming soon!!! Before the pictures I wanted to document a little about that day.

Our Wedding Day. Hands down the best day of my life. 

The day I became Mrs. Brockbank

all that week leading up to the wedding I was SO stressed about the weather. With my luck I KNEW it was going to rain/be cold. It was May. It was going to rain. Our reception venue had the ability to hold our reception outside (which we were crossing our fingers and toes for) or inside. It was a day before the wedding and we still didn't know if we were going to have it inside or outside. So I prayed a little harder. and guess what!!! It didn't rain!!!!! and it was the most PERFECT weather we could have ever imagined!
On May 16, 2014 I woke up and what meant the most to me was that I would be getting married to my sweetheart in just a few short hours.
all the stress of planning. gone. All the little details didn't matter.

That morning was calm and honestly felt like any other morning. I don't think it hit me until I looked down and saw the pile of make up laying on my parents bathroom counter. I realized that that was the last time I would be standing there chatting with my mom as we both got ready (as we had done so many times before). swopping make up. and helping each other get ready.  


Carson came to pick me up. Seeing him was like doing our first look all over again! The giggle works kicked in. 
queue the "i can't believe we are getting married" "This is crazy" "I love you" 


We packed up all of our my bags and the whole way we were driving to the temple felt like a dream.

Carson and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. The ceremony was the most incredible experience, and is a time that I will never forget. Sitting in the Celestial Room with my soon to be husband, I just knew it was right. We were getting married at the right time and in the right place. As we were sealed together I have never felt so much love for Carson or for my Heavenly Father. 

All was right in the world.

our temple pictures by once again the lovely Brooke Stapleton.









































The little details…

Dress/veil: Maggie Sottero from The Bridal Center lehi with sleeve design by me.
Shoes: HERE (I believe they are out of the ivory color now:(…)
Flowers: AMAZING work by Sweet Briar Cove in Salem. The CUTEST little shop. I literally squealed when I saw my bouquet!!! It was just what I wanted!
His Suit: Macy's 




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Shandi! you make one beautiful bride, I felt the same way about my temple ceremony. The most peaceful I have ever felt!! you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram