Swift

4th of July 2016




 

Do you ever just not want a day to end? That's how I felt when we finally went to sleep on the 4th of July. It was a wild day, and one of the best years yet! 

We took a last minute camping trip with our friends from Alaska on Sunday. Yes they are all brown people. Yes they are still from Alaska. we don't ask questions. ;) We had the funnest night sitting around the fire laughing our heads off + roasting brats and s'mores for dinner + and playing the most hilarious campfire games. It is always a party when you invite the poly people! 

We woke up and headed to Payson Lakes to start our 4th of July out. We paddleboarded + floated around the lake for most of the day. We even conquered Scout's fear of water.... kind of. I would float out on the tube and she would get so concerned I was leaving, and swim as fast as she could until she got to me. Talk about separation anxiety. lol 
We even got her up on the paddleboard and to our suprise she just hung out and sat the whole time! Captain Scout Ahoy!  
Nothing feels better than being out on the water or just hanging with friends in the sunshine! 

We had a BBQ with family and played spikeball + then headed to our own "private firework show". We met our friends who bought lots of fireworks and had our own little fireworks to watch.
We had a near death experience {ok little exaggeration but close} that left us all shaken up a little bit... One of the fireworks that was set off exploded and a piece flew straight at us. We aren't talking a smoke bomb exploded. We are talking about a HUGE ariel firework. I took off running and Carson just laid on the ground and smothered Scout {I'm an awful mom already... I left everyone behind running as soon as I saw it coming for us... oops.} The firework exploded about 6 feet away from us and LUCKILY none of us were hurt. ..We escaped with our lives from the Fourth of July crisis. phew. I am so glad it wasn't any worse, but I think we scarred Scout for life from fireworks... 

It was a full day of fun and family/friends and I wouldn't have had it any other way... 

I hope you all had a fun 4th! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram