Swift

{The Engagement}

<


So the time has come to join the newlywed blog club. (insert quiet hooray!) 

As a fair warning I am no english major. Nor do i make sense a lot of the time. And I may or may not get excited too easily and use way to many exclamation points!!!!!!! (and parentheses) and use way too much sarcasm to everr take me serious.

So this lil blog is to document the little tidbits and happenings in our life/things we are currently adoring. 
tidbits. say that 20 times fast. and don't substitute the "d" for a "t"


About us first. 

Hi, I'm Shandi Brockbank. and He is Carson Brockbank. We met about 2 years ago in 

Juneau, Alaska.

(what?! why were you guys there?)

I went up to Juneau on a summer internship with Del Sol/Cariloha in May of 2012. He went up and was driving tour buses that same summer as well for the cruise ships. 

Well as  LARGE as Jueanu is (sarcasm). And after some mutual friends we finally met. We spent that whole summer adventuring around Alaska and that set the tone for our entire relationship.


We started "officially" dating that following summer (after many months of "not officially" dating) April 2013.

Fast Forward 8 months later. 
December 23, 2013
 he nearly killed me in a helicopter and asked the big question. Out of panic I screamed yes for fear if I said NO we would die going down. Just kidding. ;) the real story is he took me in a helicopter and we flew into the ogden canyon. On our way out the helicopter "had a malfunction" and was going down in a hurry! (props to our pilot for selling this fake crash. we really were going down!) we needed to do the emergency landing steps. 
1. take off seatbelt
2. take off headset
3. Apply lateral cyclic to stop blades from rotating
AND 
4. Apply diamond ring!!!!

It went a little something like this. Shandi read all the steps. stopped at #4. looked really really REALLY confused. looked over at Carson. Carson had the biggest smile on his face. Shandi looked forward out of the helicopter still really confused. Looked over again and saw the prettiest diamond ring right in front of her! She started freaking out 
(a lot of "shut up's" "is this real" "no way's" came out of my mouth at that point) 
 She finally realized it was real and said YES! 






We had about 5 months to plan our wedding. 5 months. you'd think i had everything planned out WAY before with that much time. Come on it was a mormon wedding.. that was A LOT OF TIME on mormon time. 

Well. in my dreams it was all planned out.

When it came time to actual planning/decision making I may or may not have just stressed and gave up before a decision could be made

With that said. 

Our engagement pictures were taken by the lovely Brooke Stapleton at the Great Salt Lake. 
2 days before picture day (remember elementary school picture day. My mom still won't forgive me for the choker necklace I wore in my 1st grade pictures without her permission. it was cool at the time... ) We still didn't know what we were going to wear. I looked EVERYWHERE in provo for an outfit for me and him. and NOTHING. I wanted it to be spring looking but it was still winter so nobody had their spring clothes out yet. We looked and we looked. Finally we settled on an outfit for him. and I settled on one for me. 

But.

Then the storm hit. As I looked at our outfits sitting on my counter  the night before our pictures I. broke. down.     

I was freaking out. At one point I think I was comparing myself to a fat kindergarten teacher. I don't know. I wasn't thinking clearly.  
poor Carson didn't even know how to console me. so what did we end up doing? i didn't sleep that's for sure. and stayed up all night wondering why they didn't have a 24 hour mall anywhere in utah. ( hey I think i'm onto something)
 The next morning we went to SLC to shop the next morning AGAIN. 1 hour before our pictures. WE FOUND IT! our outfits were complete. and now we were speeding off to meet our photographer. hooray! 


Here are some of my favorite pictures from our engagement session! And if you are feeling click happy click here to see our engagements featured on the utah bride blog! 





























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram