Swift

One Year Anniversary


Why is it that when you think about something "next year" it seems so far away, yet that "year" always seems to go by too fast and before you know it, its here? 

That's how i feel about our first year being married. 
It feels like yesterday Carson and I were getting married on the most warm and PERFECT day in May. This year was a bit different... hello rainstorms. you're making me a bit depressed. 
Carson has been sick with a cold all week so I was so worried he would be too sick to do anything, luckily he woke up and said he was feeling muuuuch better. (queue the hallelujah choir)


We decided to go to the Payson Temple open house to start things off. It was an amazing experience to walk through such a gorgeous temple with my husband. Being in the celestial room and also the sealing room with him brought back so many memories of our wedding day! 

Speaking of memories of our wedding day, the theme of our anniversary celebration was to "re-live our day". We were married in the Salt Lake temple so after the Payson Temple we drove to SLC and walked around Temple Square. It was so fun being able to walk around the temple grounds and up and down the steps where we once took pictures. We saw other brides and grooms coming out of the same doors we did... and we remembered how awkward we felt as we came running out and I almost tripped... haha 




We went to dinner at Tucanos after and stuffed our faces silly. I swear I was in a cold meat sweat after we walked out of that restaurant.... awkward.

We ended up booking a hotel room in Park City as well. It was actually the same hotel/room Carson surprised me with on our wedding night. The night of our wedding we didn't end up getting to Park City until SUPER late and had to be checked out SUPER early in the morning. The room was AMAZING and we were so sad we didn't even really get to stay that much time... so when anniversary getaway talk came up we decided to go back to the same place so we could actually enjoy it! 






We swam in the "relaxation" pool. (and every 5 seconds said "are you relaxed? I think I'm relaxing..)
Sat by our cozy fireplace. 
soaked in our private hot tub in our room. 
exchanged gifts. (I stuck with the paper theme and gave him a wedding album of all the pictures from our day. My gift from him was my new road bike I got a few weeks ago...)
And laughed until we cried while we wore the hotel robes. Does anyone ever feel comfortable wearing a hotel robe? haha 


and FINALLY we cut into our wedding cake. I was dying to see if it tasted any good.... I mean it looked like a truck had hit it by the time we pulled it out of our freezer and let it defrost.



To our surprise it was actually really good! it tasted just like it did on our wedding day! It was seriously crazy and almost creepy how moist it was....

It was so fun to re-live our wedding day. The only sad part was when we checked out of the hotel and this time we weren't going to Hawaii for a honeymoon... we considered it long and hard for about 5 minutes though.


Happy One Year Anniversary to us!!
 (insert quote about how I can't wait to see what this year brings for us.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram