Swift

San Diego 2015

Alright so it's been almost a month since we got back from San Diego buuuuuttt..... seeing as this is mostly for mine and Carson's enjoyment I figured I would still throw this up here. (and Carson has been bugging me like the dickens to do this. What man begs for blogging??) 

My family rented a beach house on Mission Beach in San Diego the first part of July. They were there a week before us making Carson and I SUPER jealous of all their pics on the beach. (grown up jobs are awesome right?) Flight day came though! 

8:30am------>SLC
11:00am-------> SeaWorld. 

I have my priorities straight. 



It seems like every girl on instagram is like I {heart} Disneyland. I'm over here like give me the SPLASH ZONE! I've seen blackfish 4 times. And i'm still team SeaWorld. 
fun fact #1: My dream job when I was little was to be a shamu trainer. 
fun fact #2: It's still my dream job to be a shamu trainer. 

Carson can attest to all of this. I cry happy tears at the Dolphin Show. 





The house we stayed in was right on the beach so most days were spent around the water. Carson surfed. When I say surfed I mean he got a good solid 1 run in and then was convinced he was ready for the pros. {after countless failed attempts. haha sorry Cars} We played soccer on the beach. and soaked in as much sun as we could. 
{The dermatology work in me says wear your sunscreen though kids} 

One of my favorite parts of the trip was our mornings. Every morning we either took the bikes from our house or just walked/ran along the beach. We got a kick out of watching the early morning surfers and looking at all the amazing buildings along the shore. Pure happiness. 





We spent the 4th of July exploring around Coronado. Oh to own a house on Coronado... that would be a dream! 
It was a packed little place for the 4th though. We got a good beach day in and then headed over to the hotel we booked on the bay for the night.  


We stayed in a hotel a block from the bay so walking to the big fireworks on the bay were a piece of cake when the millions of people showed up. 
We walked along the docks and joined in on the celebration! 
If you have never been to San Diego for the 4th of July you are missing out... unless you hate people. 
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE 
EVERYWHERE.
we ate good ol' american hotdogs (wrapped in bacon) from the food truck
 and then i sobbed when we spent $14 on 2 scoops at Ben and Jerry's ice cream. 
{$$THE HECK$$}

San Diego out did themselves with their firework show. It was so cool to watch the fireworks shoot off from 5 different boats in the bay! the whole night reminded us of our 4th of July in Juneau, Alaska. 
{The day I decided it was ok to like Carson. haha} 



We ended the trip off by going to our favorite temple. The San Diego Temple is so amazing! We secretly wish we would have been married here....


The World Cup Women's Final was watched and then we hoped on a plane home. 
San Diego always has a special place in my heart. So many family vacations have been taken here I was just happy Carson was able to tag along this time. ;) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram