Swift

2014: A Year in Review


2014 was full of a lot of "firsts" for us. It was a busy year but one of the best years of my life. It is always one of my favorite things to look back and the end of it all and say "WE DID IT!" (especially after this year... wedding planning consumed about 1/2 of our year...) 

Lets look back shall we? 

January
The wedding planning began. We also found time to play in the snow and visit the ice caves in Midway.

February  
We spent our first Valentines together. Carson cooked us dinner and we watched a movie outside on an air mattress smothered in blankets.

March
Little brother got his mission call to Indianapolis Indiana speaking Spanish! we were so excited for him! Carson was also surviving taking 7 classes. 

April 
The wedding was right around the corner. Tears were shed. Finals were taken. My favorite part was doing our bridals/first look pictures. That moment I will always cherish. 

May 
WE GOT MARRIED!!!! May 16th was the best day of the entire year! The stress was over and we could just relax on our honeymoon in Hawaii. Take me back!!

June
We were enjoying our first month as a married couple. We stayed up way to late giggling, I burnt too many dinners, and we were loving our summer time sunshine in Moab.

July
We took a trip to Bear Lake and spent time with friends. We also celebrated the 4th of July and ate WAY too many snow cones.

August
My favorite place on earth was visited to say goodbye to our summer. Carson and I took a trip with his family to the cabin at Brighton. hiking and s'mores were a must.

September 
We started school and little did we know we were starting the hardest few months of our life. 
We did get to see our best friends get married though. 

October
The month of birthdays happened. Carson turned 25 and I turned 23. We celebrated together and i wouldn't have it any other way. 

November
Thanksgiving was spent with the Brockbanks. We plucked our eyes out due to our anatomy classes. and studied until we were sick. literally.

December
We survived our semester! skipped out of our finals! I got a 4.0 (lord have mercy) and we decked the halls in our loft to celebrate our first Christmas together! 


Boy!! 2014. you were wild. you were crazy. I loved you oh so much though. 
2015--- I hope you can live up to this... so far you haven't by giving me the stomach flu all week though... 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram