Swift

23 things about turning 23 on 23


Is it just me or do birth-DAYS seem to be turning into birth-weekends lately. 
(I swear every post on instagram- "Let birthday week begin!!" am i right?) 

Well I had a birth-weekend not a birth-DAY… so i guess i'm one of them.

I turned 23 on the 23rd this month. Guys! i had never even heard of a golden birthday until I married Carson! His golden birthday tradition with his family is to take a bubble bath with balloons. Carson insisted I do that…. but after thinking about it for .1 second, I took a hard pass and we went to dinner instead. 

23 things about being 23 and turning 23 on the 23rd + some extra days. 

1. Since we are so busy this semester and the only time Carson could "surprise" me by decorating the house with crate paper, cake, and flowers was the day before. Well… Carson didn't really know my school schedule (how sad is that, we are both so busy we don't even know when the other person gets home. hi perfect couple.) so I walked in the loft with carson mid crate paper streamer across the house. we laughed. a lot. good times!

2. I woke up to Carson singing happy birthday in my ear. swooned. 

3. I then said "It's my birthday, I'm not going to go to class this morning" so i didn't. and went back to sleep. 

4. I worked. but i work from home. so it was nice. 

5. I have the best boss ever. She texted me that she made me these cupcakes for everyone even though i do work from home... I didn't get one. how cruel. but how thoughtful she is for still thinking of me! She really is the best! 

6. After work I went on my first run all semester long. It was a gorgeous day up Provo canyon. I was seriously that goob that was running with a smile on my face the whole time, and may have tripped once or twice from running while looking up at the mountains. Hi i'm coordinated, watch me! Oh how i've missed being able to do this! 5 miles after not running for months. not bad. 

7. I got stopped by some asian tourists running by Bridal Veil Falls. "How far up dis go?" (referring to the trail). Me-"Forever!" Them-"oooooo aaahhhh" and then i'm pretty sure a few pictures were taken of me after that. 

8. Did I say my run was gorgeous? it was gorgeous. I couldn't wait to tell Carson. he was thrilled he missed it...


9. Instead of going to physiology lab that night Carson surprised me with dinner. Our original plan since our birthdays are so close was to just combine and do 1 dinner for both of us. We went a few weeks ago and Carson picked to go to Happy Sumo for me.  He knows how much I LOVE sushi. He hates it. I was one happy girl, Carson I think hated everything about it. It was a fun dinner. But he decided to take me out "again" for birthday dinner. so i let him pick a place to eat since the last place wasn't a hit. (I picked his dinner, he picks my dinner. seems opposite but it works for us.) So Carson picked a little hole in the wall chinese place in American Fork. We love places like that. 

^his face. haha

10. After dinner we went to visit our Alaskan friends that moved here to Utah. fun fact: they stole their 3 yr old sister from Alaska and she has been living here for the past month or so... But we HAD to visit her before she gets snatched back home. I love this little girl like she was my daughter. I helped her take her "first steps" and her mom was NOT happy …. she wasn't even 1 yet and she  didn't want her baby growing up so fast. Tongan mom gave me the tongan punishment for that one. It was all jokes. buts somehow I still ended up doing the dishes for a few days. not joking?


11. I blew out every candle but 1 on this fireball cake. the disappointment.


12. Carson did another solo birthday singing. 

13. I got THE cutest army green coat. Carson picked it out all by himself! He knows me too well…

14. All I wanted to do was just sit and snuggle with my love. So that's what we did. We haven't spent a whole evening on a week day together all semester. I forgot what it was like to actually sit and have a real conversation with him before midnight. 

15. The next day we studied all friday night. We also counted that I didn't leave the house for 28 straight hours. I was basically on lock down. Anatomy midterms are so fun. 



16. pre mid term: I was a nervous wreck all Saturday morning. It was the day of the anatomy mid-term.

17.   post mid term: I was literally skipping when the test was done! it was OVER! fun fact #2 I got a 98% not to brag. ;) I still can't believe it. 

18. I waited for Carson to get done with his test over at BYU. and fell asleep on the couch for a good 2 1/2 hours because my brain was so exhausted. 

19. We went to ANOTHER birthday dinner with my family after to celebrate Carson, Mothers, and My big days! A quick bite before we headed to the Utes game landed us at Chipotle in Sugar House. Seriously the most charming city. I think i repeated "I want to move here." at least 40 times to Carson. 

20. Go UTES! we were 2 of the 47,000+ people at the Utah vs. USC game that night. The best/funnest football game I have been to in a while! 

21. Carson wore his very first EVER utah shirt. My dad bought us all shirts for the black out game. I never thought I would see the day! matchy-matchy.

^he was so excited

^my cute dad. we were all a little excited for the big win! 

22. We've had these seats for the past 11 years. 

23. I guess they say nobody likes you when you're 23… people still like me. i think? 


Birth-weekend was so! I am so fortunate to have such loving people in my life! Let's do it again next year shall we? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram