Swift

Our Wedding: Reception

Carson and I had our BEAUTIFUL wedding reception at Wadley Farms in Lindon the day we got married.
and can I just say we barely made it...

After getting married in the temple Carson and I decided we wanted to do our "luncheon" just by ourselves. So after pictures we ran up  for our reservations at The Garden in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Can I just say I recommend that to anyone…. We had time on our wedding day to just sit together (alone) and have a few minutes to ourselves without people pulling us every which way…

half way into our lunch it was interrupted (we could only dream of having some uninterrupted time alone on our wedding day right..?) All our families were running behind due to a wreck on the freeway. of course. I had kind of forgotten the world was still happening that day. I mean we got married, didn't the whole world stop it's day for us too!? 

We finished our lunch quicker than we wanted to and had to stop at my house to pick up my honeymoon suitcase (which was not fully packed yet..) We hurried and threw some more things in the suitcase and off we went to our reception. and we didn't do so quickly. the drive from my house to lindon is ohhhhh… 20 minutes… on a good day. 
It took us 2 HOURS to get to our reception venue due to this wreck on the freeway. I was surprisingly calm (but freaking out in my head) Carson was a little bit more verbal with his frustration to the cars around us. marriage. We were suppose to have met the photographer an hour ago for pictures at the reception venue… HA… 

10 minutes before our reception started (and people were already there) AND because our families/helping crew were also late they were still setting up. 

BUT 

I still didn't care. I was standing next to Carson and he was my husband and you know what… I just didn't give a darn about anything else! 



































After all the usual wedding festivities we had a "special surprise" put on for us by our Tongan family from Alaska. We have them to thank for Carson and I ending up together, and they wanted to give us the proper wedding celebration for their matchmaking score! 















I was pretty excited about it can you tell…

fire and dancing. it was all too much to handle! best surprise ever.










I didn't want this night to end. It was all I could have imagined for our wedding reception. All the hard work and preparations we did was well worth it. 



May 16, 2014 you were good to us. 

Details:
venue: Wadley Farm
cake: Chelsea Calahan
catering: Kneaders
flowers: Sweet Briar Cove
photography: Brooke Stapleton



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram