Swift

Staycation in the Mountains: Cabin 2014




This week was a bonus weekend for us. I don't work Wednesdays or Thursdays and Carson is able to go into work basically whenever he wants. spoiled
We decided to pack up and meet his family at the Brighton Cabin Wednesday night. I love that we are able to be spontaneous and do trips whenever we want right now. i'll take full advantage before life comes at us!

We headed up and stayed Wednesday night and came home thursday night. We had to come home and work friday… and we love it so much we went back up Friday night again to Saturday. 

This cabin is seriously the most perfect place on earth. It was built by Carson's great-grandpa Dr. Tom. It's located at the base of the Majestic lift at Brighton Ski Resort. I could seriously just live there all year round.







Thursday was a full day of hiking with the whole in-law clan almost all of them. Lake Mary. Lake Katherine. and all the way up to Sunset Peak. all are highly recommended hikes.






After seeing Carson and I take a picture, MIL thought it was so funny she had to do a leg pop too. love that woman!



GUYS and by guys I mean girls... my brother.in.law is single. husband him. after his mission….








Carson sure loved the view at the top of Sunset Peak… But i think I liked mine a little better. ;) 
i just cringed at my cheesiness...


How lucky am I to have gained so many new sisters + can you say only blonde...




on our drive down the canyon Thursday night the road was doing all sorts of magical things so of course we had to stop and snap a pic.


feel free to insert any cheesy quote about pondering life and roads leading to nowhere on this pic. 


This trip was some serious family bonding and I didn't want it to end.

Who needs a vacation when you have a staycation at the cabin?   

Is it winter so we can do our winter ski trip yet?

  



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram